BSCG – CERTIFIED DRUG FREE PROGRAM
The globally recognized BSCG Certified Drug Free third-party certification program offers the most comprehensive drug-testing protection available today. BSCG’s protocol includes a 21 CFR 111 Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) quality control process and compliance assessment, raw material ingredient
and supplier review, and a general toxicology evaluation. Testing is conducted in International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 17025 accredited laboratories using methods that have been validated for nutritional supplement analysis and are included in the ISO 17025 Scope of Accreditation. The BSCG Certified Drug Free program provides athletes and consumers with the best protection available in the industry.
Individual lots are tested for more than 491+ drugs including 287 substances on the WADA Prohibited List that are banned in sport and 204 other prescription, OTC or illicit drugs.
• Every lot must be certified for an item to maintain certification.
• Random sampling and testing of off-the-shelf items may be conducted at any time.
• Initial toxicology review, banned substance review and ingredient risk evaluation.
• Certified items listed by individual lot number on the BSCG Certified Drug Free database and certified client page at www.bscg.org.
• Manufacturing quality control process and compliance assessment according to 21 C.F.R. 111 Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), or other relevant national or international guidelines for quality control, focused on; supplier qualification, ingredient specifications and testing, finished product label verification and testing.
• Company included on BSCG Certified Drug Free Certified Clients page and marketing materials.
• BSCG Certified Drug Free seal can be used in marketing materials and packaging.
The BSCG Certified Drug Free program includes testing of each lot for BSCG’s industry leading drug testing menu to protect against doping positives or unwanted health impacts. The following language outlines the testing menu and what it covers. You may use your own language or make edits to the language below but we ask that it be approved by BSCG before use. Hyperlinks are provided for website use; those may be removed for other purposes.
The BSCG Certified Drug Free program tests each lot for BSCG’s industry-leading drug-testing menu covering more than 491 banned substances including 287 on the WADA Prohibited List and 204 other illicit, OTC, or prescription drugs. Our testing covers more drugs banned in sport than any other program in the world and is the only one to add coverage for drugs not banned in sport for additional health and regulatory protection. The WADA Prohibited List governs Olympic sport and also serves as a model for sport federations, professional sport leagues and military/vocational drugtesting programs, which ban many of the compounds on the WADA Prohibited List. As a result, BSCG’s industry-leading drug-testing menu offers security to athletes and professionals across the spectrum of WADA, NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, WNBA, PGA, LPGA, MLS, ATP, WTA, FIFA, FINA, AFL, NRL, NASCAR, UFC, CrossFit, NCAA, military, law enforcement, and other drug testing programs.